Can You Show ROI for your HCM Software?
If you’ve been in the corporate world for long, you’ve heard the acronym “HCM” thrown around a lot. According to Gartner1, HCM, or human capital management, “is a set of practices related to people resource management. These practices are focused on the organizational need to provide specific competencies and are implemented in three categories: workforce acquisition, workforce management, and workforce optimization.”
HCM software is used by many companies to streamline business processes and manage and maintain staff. It is enabled by various applications such as:
- Personnel administration
- Workforce planning
- Competency management
- Reporting and analytics
Human capital management software integrates all these functions, as well as many more, into one platform. However, it doesn’t always ensure employee engagement.
Why Companies Using HCM Software Have Disengaged Employees
Three-quarters of employees are not fully engaged or productive, per a national study by Dale Carnegie Training that was mentioned by Forbes.2 This statistic indicates that even with the use of HCM software, some companies still struggle with employee disengagement.
The causes of employee disengagement vary from company to company. However, there are a few common reasons why employees are dissatisfied. According to a contributor to LinkedIn3, many professionals are disengaged because:
- They don’t get along with their supervisors
- They don’t fit in with company culture
- They aren’t taking charge of their own career
- They feel undervalued
Also, a lack of organization can contribute to disengagement, per Recruiter.com4. A contributor wrote, “Be sure to remain organized in all your company functions, policies, and procedures so workers will always be fully aware of company-related business and how (if at all) this affects their place in your establishment.” This is where MyGuide can help.
How to Increase Employee Engagement and Show More ROI for Your HCM Software
Are you getting the ROI for your HCM software that your company needs? If you have a high level of employee disengagement, the answer is probably “no.” Even if most of your employees are engaged, there is always room for improvement in this area, which is one of the reasons why MyGuide was created.
MyGuide is a tool you can use to create an in-app guide which helps employees use any application or platform effectively. Here are a few points about what MyGuide can do for you:
- Provides in-app training, automation, and intelligence
- Drives adoption and usage
- Fosters better performance
- Reduces the need for HCM software customer support
Additionally, MyGuide Increases employee engagement and productivity by building professionals’ confidence in their ability to correctly use HCM software.
By using MyGuide, you can supercharge your HCM software and maximize its ROI.
- Gartner. IT glossary. https://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/hcm-human-capital-management.
- Forbes. Why are so many employee disengaged? https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2013/01/18/why-are-so-many-employees-disengaged/#111e0c1a1e22.
- LinkedIn. The 3 reasons why your employees are disengaged. https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/hr/2016/the-3-reasons-why-your-employees-are-disengaged.
- Recruiter.com. 4 effects of a disorganized company. https://www.recruiter.com/i/4-negative-effects-of-a-disorganized-company/