Collection of Information
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, file a support request, download a product, sign up for a trial, respond to a survey, send us an inquiry, post to our forums, watch a webcast or fill out a form.
- EDC also collects personal information by telephone, mail and at conventions, seminars, trade shows and exhibitions. The information collected may include your :name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, company name, IP address, username and password or credit card information.
- For EDC products and services that require payment, such as purchasing a license, subscribing to a product, or registering for a course, EDC collects credit card information, which is used for billing purposes by EDC or EDC’s agent only. It is not otherwise shared with any third parties.
- User-Generated Content, we collect information when you submit comments, photos, reviews, messages, or otherwise post content to the Services.
- We may receive Personal Data from your social media or other third-party account provider (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Yahoo) if you log into our Services using your social media account or link your social media or other account to the Services. In those circumstances, we may receive information from the third party, such as your email, username, and profile picture.
Use of personal information
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used to manage accounts, register visitors in programs, answer questions, improve our website, improve our customer service, and to process transactions.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested, to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature, to send email notifications on EDC’s behalf or to comply with court orders and regulations.
- EDC reserves the right to share personal information consequent to a merger, acquisition, or divestiture of our business.
- The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also contact us via email, phone or mail at the addresses provided at the end of this document to request that we remove you from our email list.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve EDC’s products, services, and customer communications.
Use of non-personal information
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Protection of personal information
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted in encrypted format and then sent into our payment processing engine only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) may be kept on file solely for the purpose of processing your recurring subscription payments until such a subscription is cancelled.
- When you use some EDC products, services, or applications or post on a forum, group, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
- Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow it) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
- As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the EdCast website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to third parties
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may make non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties in aggregate form only for purposes such as providing advertising targeted towards visitors to EDC websites, users of EDC or to show general usage trends.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
- Because our users may use our Apps on various devices, we do not delete information automatically based on account inactivity or when you uninstall our Apps from one of your devices. However, we provide you with the ability to delete information associated with your account.
- If you choose to delete your account, we will make our best effort to delete all information associated with your account, However, please note that certain information may be retained in backup databases or for analytics purposes.
- In limited circumstances, we may retain information for a longer period of time as required by law.
- We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- EDC, as a global company, has a number of legal entities in different jurisdictions which are responsible for the personal information which they collect and which is processed on their behalf by EdCast Inc.
- EDC abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies. To learn more about the APEC Certification and Dispute Resolution, please click on the TRUSTe seal.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
- If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
- To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to EDC employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at Terms of Service.
1901 Old Middlefield Way, Suite 21
Mountain View, CA 94043 USA