Effective: April 30, 2018
Information we collect and receive
- Customer Data
Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization or other third party that created the EdCast powered Instance (the “Customer”). Where EdCast collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer.
If you join a EdCast powered Instance and create a user account, you are an “Authorized User,” as further described in the User Terms of Service. If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place. In some cases, as fully discussed in our User Terms of Service, you may be both the Authorized user and the Customer.
- Other information
EdCast may also collect and receive the following information:
- Account creation information. Authorized Users may provide information such as an email address, phone number, and password to create an account.
- EdCast Instance Setup Information. When a Customer creates a EdCast Instance using the Services, we may collect an email address, name, photo, domain details (such as instance-name.EdCast.com), user name for the individual setting up the instance, and password. We may also collect administrative team contact info, such as a mailing address.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third-party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf or we may do this ourselves.
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the instances, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party content, assessments and integrations that you use (if any).
- Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Services.
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, or your mobile application sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. Wi-Fi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Services integrations. If, when using the Services, you integrate with a third-party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third-party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with EdCast.
- Third party data. EdCast may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Flash Cookies.Flash Cookies are local storage objects (or flash cookies) that collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website and/or mobile applications.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons and similar technologies are small bits of code, which are embedded in web pages, ads, and e-mail, that communicate with third parties. We may use web beacons, for example, to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page, to deliver or communicate with cookies, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in emails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
We use automatic data collection to (a) understand and save your preferences for future visits; (b) compile aggregate data about website traffic and website interactions in order to offer better website experiences and tools in the future; and (c) we may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How we use your information
We use your information to provide and improve the Services.
- Customer Data EdCast may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer’s instructions to (i) provide, maintain and improve the Services and Instance; (ii) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters; (iii) as required by law; and (iv) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer.
- Other information We use other kinds of information in providing the Services and Instance. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails and EdCast messages. We may send you Services and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about EdCast. You can opt out of these at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org clicking at the unsubscribe button, where applicable.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com or clicking at the unsubscribe button, where applicable.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep the Services secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- To build your skill profile. The information we collect from our third-party knowledge and content providers is used to build a skill profile for our Authorized Users.
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user or Customer of the Services.
- Customer Data
Customer provides us with instructions on what to do with Customer Data. A Customer has many choices and control over Customer Data. For example, Customer may provision or deprovision access to the Services, enable or disable third party integrations, manage permissions, retention and export settings, transfer or assign instances, share channels, or consolidate instances or channels with other instances or channels.
- Other information
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at info@EdCast.com.
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. EdCast does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
Sharing and Disclosure
- Customer Data EdCast may share Customer Data in accordance with our agreement with the Customer and the Customer’s instructions, including:
- With third party service providers and agents. We engage with third party companies or individuals to provide information and learning tools on Instance, therefore we share Customer Data with those third-party companies or individuals.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process Customer Data.
- With third party integrations. EdCast may, acting on our Customer’s behalf, share Customer Data with the provider of an integration added by Customer. EdCast is not responsible for how the provider of an integration may collect, use, and share Customer Data.
- Other information EdCast may share other information as follows:
- About you with the Customer. There may be times when you contact EdCast to help resolve an issue specific to an instance of which you are a member. In order to help resolve the issue and given our relationship with our Customer, we may share your concern with our Customer.
- With third party service providers, content partners and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third-party payment processors, to process information on our behalf.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process other information.
- Other types of disclosure EdCast may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of EdCast’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
- We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes like telling a prospective EdCast Customer the average number of messages sent within a EdCast Instance in a day or partnering with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about learning science and knowledge management.
EdCast takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers of our hosting service provider partner.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of website and/or mobile applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website and/or mobile applications. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website and/or mobile applications.
Your California Privacy Rights
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your personal information. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website and/or mobile applications, that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
1901 Old Middlefield Way, Suite#21
Mountain View, CA 94043, USA